A digital blogger must consider both facts, readers (humans) and search engines (bots) before writing. Readers expect quality, relevant, and original content whereas search engines expect SEO friendly content.
To make your blog SEO friendly, we small business SEO company created a step by step guide. It will help you improve your search engine ranking and traffic as well.
9 Tips to Write an SEO Friendly Blog Posts
So, now you may get a clear idea about blog post before you hit publish button. Go through these 9 steps to differentiate blog traffic of normal blog with SEO friendly blog post.
1. Research Before You Write
Choose a topic and research it. This will give you a clear view of the topic. Understand the topic and produce quality content. This will help you to increase the number of readers and your rank in search engines.
- Initial stage is to research keywords, which you will use in an article.
- Collect important information related to the topic.
- Gather facts and figures related to your topic.
- Research and include appropriate and optimized images
2. Analyze Keywords Before Writing
3. Make Title Catchy
4.Formulate The Structure
Before you begin to write, formulate the structure of blog. List down the heading and subheadings. Collect all the information and follow the below structure to write an amazing blog.
An introduction is critical part of the blog thus, make it interesting. An interesting introduction will take the readers further. If it is weak, they may not scroll down. Try to give the entire information about blog in the introduction. An introduction should contain a question that increases the curiosity of people to know the answer. Include some quotes, facts, and figures related to the topic.
Research the topic completely and include all the necessary related information. Try to express your thoughts, experience, and learning in blog. Add some additional points which will be useful to the readers.
Always relate introduction to the conclusion. Make sure you have answered all the questions you asked earlier. Follow some tricks to make the readers comment on your blog. Add a question at the end of blog to receive comments. To engage readers, ask them to share their thoughts.
5. Include Subheadings
6. Optimize the Length of the Blog
7. Link to Previous Content
8. Proofread Your Blog Thoroughly
Proofreading is important to retain your readers. A reader coming to your blogs seek for information. If they find mistakes in grammar, spelling, or misleading facts they will lose trust. This will lower the reputation of your blog posts and never brings back the reader again. Thus, proofread it multiple times. Here are few tips for proofreading,
- Proofread your blog thoroughly
- Check for grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, consistent flow, structure of sentences, and more
- Ask someone else to proofread. This may help in understanding readers expectations.
- Appreciate readers for pointing out mistakes and correct them.
9. Update Your Content Regularly
Implement the above points in your blog and create a masterpiece that will serve both the user and search engine. Double check whether you have covered every topic before you publish your blog. It may be time-consuming but, your blog will get indexed fast.
Do you have any points to add? Share them in the comments section below.