Based on different situations, generations, and people’s interests, trends keep changing. It’s not that new trends will be welcomed only at the start of the year or year-end or in the middle.
Infact, you all might be aware of how new trends came into practice on account of the COVID-19 pandemic. Just by adapting to the new trends, small businesses like beauty spas, dine-in cafes, laundry, gyms, retailer shops, and many other small product manufacturers and retailers, with the help of small business web design, were able to withstand the situation.
Cash-free & card-less payments, online food delivery, e-shopping, etc., became the new normal and also customers loved using these. Similarly, if you want your small business to thrive in 2023, approach a best small business web design company to stay ahead in the ever-evolving digital landscape.
Based on the current trends and status quo of small businesses, we’ve picked a few small business trends.
Disclaimer – these are just our predictions, so based on the pandemic issues, people’s mindsets, these may change too.
Say Goodbye to Your Outdated Website!
Small Business Website Trends
Trends keep changing. So, we cannot adhere to one at all times. Staying aware of the technology updates and trends is absolutely a rule of thumb for businesses.
1. Website Design Trends for Small Businesses
We’re super excited to show you some of the small business website design trends that will be seen in 2023 and beyond.
1) Toggle Between Light & Dark UI
There are two groups of people
Dark & light UI implementation is not new, it’s continuing to be a trend in 2022 as well.
When to implement dark UI?
- Less usage of text
- Few design elements
- Reduce eye strain
When to implement light UI?
- More usage of images/videos
- Higher usage in the daytime
- Various color elements
Here’s how top brands like Google, Apple, and Windows have implemented the dark & light mode functionalities.
- Dark & light mode toggle in iOS 13
- Light and dark mode toggle in Windows 10
- Google’s light and dark mode toggle
Advantages of implementing dark and light mode toggle functionality on your websites
- Enhances user experience (UX)
- Offers a personalized view based on the time, location, and mood of the users
- Reduces eye strain
- Can play around with different color palettes instead of sticking onto a single color
2) Typography-led Hero Sliders
Hero images/sliders are the first part of any website that visitors look at when they pitch into a website. Designing the sliders with awesome typography captivates the users’ hearts even at the first sight and creates a better impression.
The gigantic lettering style of typography effectively pops up the exact brand message to your audience. Here are some eye-capturing typography-led hero sliders.
3) Back to Retro Colors
Usage of faded hues and less saturated colors in websites nowadays make us wonder whether the vintage pattern styles are giving a comeback.
Tips for creating an aesthetic retro effect
- Choose the right less saturated color palette. Something like below
Retro color palette
- Use different geometric shapes like below
- Make use of patterns. Something like these
- Design some creative textures similar to these
- Add images that blend with the vintage feel. Something like these
- Use retro font styles and typefaces like below
4) Minimalistic Design
Today, people look out for minimalism in everything. It’s becoming a trend now and will continue to be. Minimalistic designs are nothing but using simple design elements & interfaces.
Advantages of using minimalism in web design
- Speed up the webpage load time
- Leaves more breathe-in space for your website
- Easy to design elements
We’ve collected a few websites that inspired us with their minimalistic designs.
5) Interactive Animations
More than a website with static images, elements that are rolling, dancing, jumping, or in any motion would just capture your eyes. Going a step forward, interactive animations make your users perform certain actions instead of just viewing the animations.
Here are our top picks of animation software.
Some of the websites inspired us with their tremendous interactive animations.
Small Business Website Technology Trends
We’re excited to show you some of the small business website technology trends that will be seen in 2022 and beyond.
1) Artificial Intelligence
Even today, AI technology plays around in various grounds of small business websites like delivering excellent customer service, tracking user behavior, hiring candidates who best match with the job qualifications, etc. In the future, it’s expected that AI will take over the whole world of small businesses.
In 2022, it’s expected that low-code/no-code concepts would be booming with the help of AI technology.
2) Augmented Reality
Day by day, we’re becoming more familiar with AR wearables. In 2022, it’s expected that Web AR will be playing a major role in marketing, advertising, and e-commerce as well.
AR trends in marketing
- AR campaigns with real humans
AR trends in advertising
- Real-world advertising
AR trends in e-commerce & travel
- QR code scanning for payment, virtual store visits, etc
- Product demos, clothes trials, and more
- Virtual tours of destinations
AR trends in recruitment
- Display your employee culture and workspace environment
- Show your office tours to the new candidates
AR trends in automobile
- Virtual vehicle tour
- Instructions to minor and major repairs of cars and vehicles
Wrapping Up Our New Small Business Website Trends
Try a new trend… Become that trend…Wait for the upcoming trend…Repeat
Beat the clock before the trends go outdated.
Staying updated with the trends and implementing all these in your business would be daunting. No worries.
At Smallbusinessweb, we’ve got a solid team of logo & graphic web designers, developers, SEO professionals, and digital marketers who strive to maximize your visibility in the online space. Also, we offer affordable website development packages for small business, including small business web design services.
Do contact us, we can talk further and know your requirements.
We’ll be frequently updating the trends. Stay tuned to get regular updates.
Disclaimer – All the images in this blog post are taken from different resources. Smallbusinessweb doesn’t own any of the images.
In Quest of the Perfect Small Business Web Design Services & Solutions Buddy?
Be unrestricted to click the other trendy writes under this title that suits your needs the best!
- The Role of Website Navigation in Small Business Website Design
- Migrating your Website to Elementor or Divi: Tips and Best Practices for a Successful Website Redesign
- This Small Business Has 100% Bounce Rate On Their Website: How Can You Avoid It?
- Intelligent Ways To Fix Recurring Website Maintenance Costs For Small Businesses
- Graphic Design Ideas and Inspirations For Small Businesses