Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plays a vital role in all businesses for getting good recognition from your target audience.
Currently, there are so many fitness studios out there and it’s challenging to gain market dominance.
Let’s get started!
1. Maximize Local SEO
In this tech-world, customers mostly rely on the internet to find nearby studios which are easy to access. Optimizing your website for local SEO gives you a better conversion rate since it focuses mostly on your local customers. According to Social Media Today, 97% of online users use search engines for finding local stores/services.
Here are some simple local SEO tricks you can try
- Control, link, and display relevant business information
- Manage your online review reputation
- Provide photos, videos, and other user-generated content
2. Create High-Quality, Well-Researched Content
Always create content that focuses on the right audience for your business. Quality content will support you in enhancing your website’s credibility among the visitors.
Try to cover the topics in many different aspects, mention facts, and include visuals for easy understanding. Focus more on the clarity and simplicity, so that you can get readers engagement.
Interesting Statistics About Quality Content
- According to Animoto survey, 40% of companies state that video is their highest ROI form of content
- QuickSprout review says websites that have a blog attract 55% of traffic
Here are the basic content ideas for your personal trainer website
- Product pages
- Blog post
3. Optimize Your Page Titles and Meta Description
Page titles are the key to enhancing your page visibility. According to Databox, 36% of SEOs think the title tag is the most important SEO element. Also, a study conducted by HubSpot reveals that page titles containing 6-13 words generate the most traffic.
Here are a few standard norms that we suggest you follow for your page title.
- Avoid duplicate content in the title tag
- Provide a unique title to every page
- Avoid stuffing of keywords into your page titles
Meta descriptions always have a bond with titles since both help to predict the brief that is given inside. An interesting statistic from Optinmonster says that 43% of people click on a given result, solely based on the meta description. According to Google, the maximum character length of the meta description tag should be up to 275 characters long and also it should be ‘organic ad text’.
Some basic tricks for writing the meta descriptions are:
- Use researched and targeted keywords
- Communicate the benefits of the content to the readers
- Ensure that the meta tags are relevant to the content on the page
- Avoid using the same meta description across your whole site.
4. Apply to Every Personal Training Directory
A quality personal trainer website will have the categories listed with relevant content helpful for the user. Categorizing helps your website to be listed on famous personal trainers’ directories. .
A study conducted by the Brightlocal shows that 88% of consumers have read reviews to determine the quality of a local business.
Your fitness studio listing should cover the following points
- Maintain your business name, address, and phone number across all personal trainers’ directories
- Give proper backlink to your website
- Make a complete description of your training strategies
- Add attractive pictures to engage your visitors
- Include interactive videos of your daily sessions
Increase your chance by signing up as many directories as you can for your training website. Some of the free business listings are Facebook, Apple Maps, Bing, Hubspot, Yelp, and Yellow pages.
5. Focus on Email Marketing
Email marketing helps to promote your brand and increase revenue. You can send emails about gym sessions, packages, periodic offers, regular updates, and many more for strongly engaging with your subscribers.
Here are some tips on email marketing with some examples
- Regularly email your customers with some quotes as a reminder for your studio’s presence, for example, “To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise – Gene Tunney”
- Offer your clients discounts to encourage them to work with you long-term, for example, “Buy 3 sessions, get 1 free”
- Categorize and send emails to different types of groups, depending on your clients’ needs and goals, also give preference to their gadgets. For example, you can label as current clients, past clients and potential clients.
Let’s take a look at these statistics mentioned which showcase the importance of old email marketing
- 86% of business professionals prefer to use email when communicating for business purposes.
- 56% of brands using emoji in their email subject lines had a higher open rate, according to a report by Experian.
- According to 10 email marketing studies, Tuesday is the best day of the week to send email
- About 73% of 18-24-year-olds use their phones to check email.
6. Add Testimonials to Your Website
Testimonials have the power to convert the visitors of your website into your prospective candidates. When your website visitors see these testimonials, they will understand that existing customers had a positive experience with your personal training.
Take care of these following things on your website testimonials.
- Social proof
- Client picture
- Visual design
- Original concise
- Natural language
A report from SearchEngineLand shows 85% of consumers read up to ten reviews before feeling they can trust a business..
7. Engage with Clients on Social Media
Social media plays a major role in creating an effective digital presence for your business. Social marketing has become one of the most valued influencers of SEO.
Maintain an active account on social media such as Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Linkedin, Quora, and Tumblr. It helps to increase your fan base and drive organic traffic to your website.
We recommend some ideas to engage the clients on your social media
- Optimize social media profiles
- Post updates regularly
- Use eye-catching images and compelling headlines
- Be responsive to reviews, comments, and shares
Interesting Statistics About the Impact of Social Media on Online Business
- 61% of all visits from social media websites come from Facebook (SearchEnginePeople)
- 73% of marketers believe that their efforts through social media marketing have been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business (Buffer).
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products (GlobalWebIndex)
8. More Usage of Video-Based Platforms
Video is gaining popularity in digital marketing strategies. The effective impact of video is more than just content or picture in SEO rankings.
Viewers can easily remember and understand the content if it is presented in video form. It is also more affordable and suitable for local businesses.
Few Ways to Optimize Video-Based Content to Get Traffic
- Insert a video transcript
- Make sure your thumbnail image is engaging
- Ensure that the rest of the page is relevant to the video
- Give backlink from your YouTube video
- Optimize videos for load time
- Don’t rely only on SEO to promote your video
- Avoid posting the same video in multiple place
Few Statistics that Show the Importance of Video-Based Content
- 84% of marketers say video marketing has helped them increase website traffic
- Video is now the most popular type of content that businesses are creating, with 72% of marketers reporting that they produce videos
- 40% of companies state that video is their highest ROI form of content
9. Write Blogs to Increase Authority
When you are planning to write a fitness blog, focus on impactful real-time stories and your personal experiences so that the readers get easily inspired on health & fitness and thereby become your regular customers.
Blogging can improve visibility and create trust among the readers and thereby you can easily push your revenue. Publish blogs on topics that are relevant to your audience and also don’t forget to maintain consistency.
The following tips will guide you to create a result-oriented blog on your website.
- Make an interactive blog
- Map out your monthly content
- Increase keywords and inbound links
- Use social media for backlinks
- Show your commitment with fresh content
Some Interesting Stats About Blogs
10. Focus on Your Professional Image
Being a professional trainer, you should concentrate more on the fitness of your body. In this physical trainer field, always maintain a professional look both online and offline to show others you are a justifiable personal trainer.
Your physical appearance tells a lot about brand credibility, take this as an advantage and stay fit to gain your prospects’ faith because they get inspiration from you.
Apart from the mentioned suggestions, optimize your website speed for mobile users too. Since most of the customers visit a website via their mobile.
With the increased interest in fitness goals, competition for personal training clients has no sign of stopping any time soon. So it’s not enough taking ideas from this blog regarding personal trainers marketing strategies but it’s time for putting them into practice, as a personal trainer like you.
In this competitive world, reliable SEO services are a must for any personal trainers website to improve their traffic. And hopefully, these visitors become paying customers. We all know that more traffic leads to more sales.
Whether you are established or just started, get assistance from our SEO experts to increase the organic traffic towards your website, then you’ll be on the right track toward bringing more clients for your personal training website!