Being an e-commerce business owner, establishing an active profile on various online platforms is a must. Marketing your e-commerce business on such platforms will help you target more prospective customers, improve word-of-mouth, boost your revenue, and much more.
In the past few decades, e-commerce businesses have gained tremendous popularity among the audience. Online shopping offers many benefits like buying products from anywhere at any time, no exposure to long queues or road traffic, reading customer reviews & ratings, saving a lot of time, etc.
All these have made people of different age groups, location, likes, and dislikes build a craving for online shopping. With effective digital marketing strategies, you can easily create a buzz for your e-commerce brand around potential prospects and heighten your online presence.
In this blog, we have compiled a list of digital marketing tactics that will strengthen your presence on various channels like blogs, emails, social media, etc.
Let’s dive in.
Top Digital Marketing Tactics for E-commerce Businesses
1. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
Pay-per-click advertising, commonly known as PPC advertising, is a powerful advertising model through which you can drive potential traffic to your website inorganically.
The various types of PPC advertising are paid search advertising, display advertising, social media advertising, remarketing, and much more. Search engines will charge you only when someone clicks your e-commerce ad, otherwise, you can run your product shopping ads without any charges.
How to Run a Pay-Per-Click Ads Campaign?
- Choose a platform like Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Google Ads, and others for your PPC campaign
- Choose a type of ad that includes display ads, search ads, app ads, video ads, and more to invest
- Determine your ad budget and bidding strategy
- Customize the interests, location, and other search terms of your target audience
- Organize your campaign into ad groups
- Identify and design landing pages that match the intent of each search term
- Track your PPC campaign’s performance in the context of your larger marketing initiatives
2. Content Marketing
Today, people search for sources to get quality information regarding any topic. According to recent data, 92% of marketers consider their content to be a business asset, and 56% say they want to increase the amount they spend for content creation.
For instance, Investopedia holds a powerful content marketing strategy of creating an amazing content architecture that satisfies both readers and search engines.
Also, they make complicated topics easy to understand with real-world examples and concise explanations written in simple English. This strategic approach was the main reason for driving more than 33 million visitors to its website per month.
Blogging is one of the powerful content marketing strategies that provide valuable information to target readers. Business websites with blogs receive 55% more traffic than websites without blogs.
Tips for Driving Positive Results through Content Marketing
- Maintain same content on all platforms including your website, GMB account, local directories, social media, and others
- Post blogs consistently on trending topics related to your niche after full-fledged research
- Update your existing blog content on a regular basis
- Incorporate the exact keywords in the content that your target customer will use
- Add visuals, infographics, videos, animated graphics, etc and focus on answering your customer queries
If you are facing difficulties in writing blogs that entangles both search engines and readers, then feel free to reach professional content marketers.
3. Social Media Marketing
Social media is a powerful marketing tool for promoting your e-commerce business to the right audience. Nearly three-quarters of American adults are active on social media. Among them, the majority of people use social media specifically to get influenced by brands.
By implementing various smart strategies on social media, you can establish an active social media profile and expand the reach of your e-commerce business globally.
For instance, during BlackFriday and CyberMonday, outdoor recreation services company REI begin a campaign with the hashtag #OptOutside on which the team will close all their retail and online sales.
This different strategy has earned 2.7 billion PR impressions to this campaign. Visitors increased from 1.4 million in 2015 to 6 million people in 2016. In addition, traffic to REI’s website increased by 36% on Black Friday and 35% on Cyber Monday.
Tips to Utilize Social Media
Here are a few tips for availing of all the perks from social media marketing.
- Post engaging content consistently
- Collaborate with popular social media influencers
- Optimize the best relevant hashtags
- Conduct customer referral programs
- Go live on social media channels
- Incorporate convincing call-to-action on every post
- Keep tracking your social media analytics
If you find it challenging to implement social media tactics, you can also get help from skilled social media marketers.
4. Email Marketing
Email marketing is a cost-effective digital marketing solution that delivers a higher revenue over all the other marketing techniques. With the help of email marketing, you can directly connect with your target audience and drive them to your e-commerce store.
Personalized emails bridge the communication gap and build a robust relationship with your prospects. Emails pave a great way to drive quality traffic to your website, and you can gain authority for your brand among your target audience.
Here are a few statistics that depict the importance of email marketing for your e-commerce business enhancement.
Tips to Make the Best Use of Email Marketing
- Personalize your emails with appealing subject line and call-to-action (CTA)
- Categorize your email subscribers based on certain demographics like industry, size, and sales
- Use trigger-based emails
- Plan your email marketing campaign according to the interests of your audience
- Provide user-friendly sign-up options
Choose Small Business Web as Your Dedicated Digital Marketing Partner for Your E-commerce Business
On the whole, digital marketing when done right will help you drive more potential sales and will expand your business ROI. Of course, it would be challenging to strategically implement digital marketing strategies, but with the help of reputed digital marketing service providers, this becomes a piece of cake.
At SmallBusinessWeb, our skilled digital marketing experts plan smart and ethical digital marketing strategies that establish a unique profile for your e-commerce business. Feel free to get in touch with us via message or call us at +1 (919) 234-5140 at any time. We are ready to work with you!
What challenges are you facing while marketing your e-commerce business via online mediums? Let us know in the comments box below so we can help you get out of it.
Note – All the images were taken from Google Images. Small Business Web does not own any of them.