We are flooded with inquiries on website redesigning. And we are happy to take them all. We also do a thorough client analysis before taking up any new project.
During one such analysis, we found inquiries from some small business websites that are facing a 100% bounce rate.
Bounce rate is a fancy marketing term to analyze web traffic. A higher percentage of bounce rate indicates more visitors leaving the website rather than viewing other pages within the same site.
It made us curious and eager to understand why.
During one of our client calls, we got to know about this small business owner and how they designed their website before seeking our help.
- This small business needed a graphics designer and contacted a web designer instead.
- This small business required a web designer and contacted a content writer instead.
- This small business had custom & specific web application requirements but limited itself to DIY web builders for affordability.
Building websites and small business web design is an intricate task that requires multiple and specific job roles. If you’re grappling with similar challenges and need help with your website, explore our small business web development services.
The advent of do-it-yourself website builders may have eased up the task but at the same time, limited the approach to building a unique website that could reduce bounce rate.
More about it is discussed in our previous blog here. Do check it out!
In this blog post, we will briefly discuss the importance of specialized roles in website creation and cost differences in hiring freelancers vs digital agencies to create websites for small businesses.
Importance of a Dedicated Web Designer
A web designer is usually a UI/UX designer. They cannot do the work of a graphics designer who creates appealing illustrations, animations, or graphics to enhance your website.
But UI/UX designers are visionaries for your small business website who can help you
- understand your audience
- suggest visually pleasing interface design
- ensure design consistency across all touchpoints, desktop/mobile website, social media
- track site visitor journeys, and suggest improvements based on it.
Importance of a Dedicated Content Writer
A content writer is the most creative person as they are not tied up to any technical limitations or job duties in creating a website.
However, when a content writer is expected to double up for the role of UX/UI designer, it becomes counter-productive and contributes to the bounce rate.
Writing in itself is a creative & time-consuming task. With additional responsibility to understand the audience base and visualize the overall website design will lead to a higher bounce rate.
Importance of a Dedicated Website Developer
Small businesses may operate in multiple business niches. Showcasing their products/services to their target audience is tricky when using popular DIY website builders like Wix, Unicornplatforms, Squarespace, Weebly, and more.
Remember to not depend on the developer for building strategy website design or set up layouts. Developers are technocrats and usually fail to connect with design requirements. This is the main reason for increased bounce rates due to a lack in sync with actual demand-side requirements – grabbing end-user attention.
The Cost Difference Between One-Person Army vs Digital Agency
Most often engaging freelancers is like – “Aim For The Moon and If You Miss, You’ll Land Among The Stars,” as said by W.Clement Stone, an American businessman, and philanthropist.
Businesses prefer freelancers for cheaper rates & satisfactory work output. Freelancers now constitute about 36% of the US workforce.
The problem with engaging freelancers comes when your business is in a typical niche. As most freelancers are technocrats, i.e. specialized in a particular niche, they may fail to grasp your requirements as a generalist – which is what websites are all about – pushing your products/services to a general audience.
The case with engaging a digital agency is different. Agencies have a pool of talent to cater to any niche businesses and deploy talents based on the specific project requirements.
Freelancer (One-Person Army)
- Mostly technocrats – may fail to deliver generalist perspectives needed for creating a website.
- A cheaper option for building a website.
- A single individual manages multiple clients at a time. Timely project completion is a common issue here.
- Lack of experience in one or more fields – Website development, Website designing, UI/UX design, Content writing.
Digital Agency for Small Businesses
- A mixed pool of generalists and technocrats to cater to any business niche.
- A slightly costlier option for building websites.
- Dedicated members are deployed in place to finish projects within the stipulated time.
- Team of experts to handle individual aspects of creating a Website.
You must be careful though.
Partnering with a digital agency is not a one-time affair but a strategic investment for long-term results.
By strategic investment, we mean a full-service digital agency like SmallBusinessWeb that provides small business web design services, gives regular feedback on the campaigns, and devises a scalable website strategy as your business grows.
Get in touch with our core expert team to devise a long-term digital strategy.
In Quest of the Perfect Small Business Web Design Services & Solutions Buddy?
Be unrestricted to click the other trendy writes under this title that suits your needs the best!